Saturday, June 6, 2009

sweaty palms

sorry for the lackage of posts. been too busy living vicariously through myself.

FUN FACT:

i realized i have a hangover toothbrush. usually i invade my mouth with a battery-powered brush that makes my lips tingle. however, after a long night of drinking, i prefer to manually clean my teeth with an oral b in a sober shade of blue with soft bristles. i take care to floss hard, as if i want my gums to be the only voluntary swollen part of my body.

in other news
i'm totally smitten. i'm at that unbearably sweet stage of a potential relationship where you realize how incredibly vulnerable, and stupid you are. awkward, too. it's difficult to sound eloquent when i'm this ecstatic. it leads to uncomfortable moments that sting like denim on a sunburn. all of my senses are heightened, and i likely have a skewed perception of reality. yesterday i was prepping smoothies at work. this involves the inattentive process of chucking fresh fruit onto a scale. 4oz of ice, 4oz watermelon, 2oz mango. repeat. one of my coworkers then noticed that i had an impossibly large smile on my face. "why are you smiling?", she sounded aghast, and rightly so. "i'm sorry. i really don't know", i lied. "well you don't have to apologize...", but it was clear that i did. no one has any business being that blissful with latex gloves on.
yeah. i really wouldn't trade it for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment